The HIU engineer will be working for the Head of Residential Operations responsible for providing a commissioning, servicing and repair of Heat Interface Units (HIUs). This is a practical role which requires a candidate who can think on their feet, interact with customers and effectively work on both mechanical and electrical HIUs.
We do not require you to have extensive training or experience as we will provide a full training programme when you join. The core attributes we are looking for are having a friendly relationship with customers, a professional attitude, being self-motivated, hard working and able to work using their own initiative as part of a team and alone.
There are opportunities for progression and development within the engineering team. We are operating a large number of energy centres and plant, so the need for engineers is constant.
This is a mobile position based in the London area. Main base will be Energy Centre, Greenwich Peninsula.
Pinnacle Power designs, builds, operates, maintains and then serves customers on energy networks, principally heat led district heating systems, typically under long term contracts. We have a large resident facing side to the engineering business maintaining HIUs within residential and commercial customer properties.
Our largest project is the Greenwich Peninsula heat network. This will have, when complete, 16,000 residents along with multiple commercial heat customers. We currently service several other projects in London. The business is growing nationally and we are currently developing projects in Leeds, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- To work on low pressure/ low temperature (up to 80˚C) installations in client properties
- To service and repair HIU installations
- Commissioning of HIUs
- To repair pipework and work on associated fixtures and fittings
- To replace meters within the HIU
- To carry out minor electrical repairs within the confines of the HIU
- To deliver excellent customer service
- Attend callouts when required
- Work with asset management system
- To work on weekend on-call rota (usually 1 weekend in 4/5)
We are looking for someone who is organised and self-starting to compliment a fast growing business. The candidate will be able to think for themselves, developing an understanding of how planned and reactive service works. The candidate understands that they are the front line of service to our customers and will ensure that we deliver on the responsibilities that we have to our clients.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
These skills are desirable rather than necessary. We will train appropriate candidates.
- 1 year’s experience in breakdown/repair/maintenance on hydraulic interface units (desirable)
- 2 years plumbing experience
- Unvented hot water certificate
- City & Guilds level 2 in plumbing and heating or relevant experience
- Full UK driving license
- Hold Part P electrical qualification
- Computer skills (excel)
- Good time keeping; punctuality is vital
- Customer communication skills
- Reporting on tablets and spread sheets
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of district heating would be beneficial.
Remuneration and other details:
Hours are 8.00 am to 5.00 pm (shift pattern of 7.00am to 4.00pm or 10.00 am to 7.00 pm may be implemented in the future). With one hour’s lunch break. Time management skills are vital, as is a degree of flexibility and the ability to deal with any last-minute problems that may arise.
- You will go onto a call out rota
- Holidays 25 days a year plus stats.
- Pension plan provision.
- Company phone
- Uniform supplied
- Tools supplied
- Use of company pool vehicle
- Remuneration: competitive with market