The plant manager will be managing the operation of a 7 MWe waste wood combustion, steam cycle power plant located between Nottingham and Loughborough.The plant manager will be responsible for leading the team from both a management and technical perspective.
We are looking for a candidate who is experienced and has a track record in running a plant of this size or bigger.
The company is growing fast into this area and is looking for a team to grow the business in a safe and effective way.
The candidate will be the responsible team member for the safe running of the site.
Pinnacle Power designs, builds, operates, maintains and then serves customers on energy networks, principally heat led district heating systems, typically under long term contracts. We have a large resident facing side to the engineering business maintaining HIUs within residential and commercial customer properties.
Our largest project is the Greenwich Peninsula heat network. This will have, when complete, 16,000 residents along with multiple commercial heat customers. We currently service several other projects in London. The business is growing nationally and we are currently developing projects in Leeds, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Be responsible for the proper operation of the plant
- Team management and leadership
- Managing the Health and Safety and safe operation of the site
- Technical managing, problem solving and understanding
- Fuel management
- Procedure and system writing and management
- Lifecycle and planned maintenance management/ contracting
- Reactive maintenance management
- Ensure that robust operating procedures are followed and that systems are operated to the required standards.
- Instructs other personnel on how to operate the available plant equipment.
- Reporting to the Pinnacle Power executive in the operation of the plant.
We are looking for someone who is organised, self-driven and with experience in holding a similar position so far. The candidate will be able to think analytically and have an understanding of how plant equipment and systems work. The candidate will have a hands-on approach and be competent and confident to use the plant and IT equipment in order to ensure the proper running of the facility on the designated shift. Due to the 24-hour operation of the plant, the candidate should be available for extended hours and night shift if needed.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Previous experience within a similar position in operating a power plant facility
- Management experience
- Technical understanding of leading a plant of this type
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and regulations (H&S)
- Practical skills in plant operation and minor equipment repair
- IT skills
- Preferably holding NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- SCADA, DCS, HMI, BOAS, CPCS or other licence along with electrical or SAP knowledge would be an advantage
- General knowledge of power plant processes and systems along with control room operations.
- Strong communication skills and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to create and follow procedures.
- Ability to physically operate plant equipment.
- To be available to work part time on a multi-pattern, 365 day, 24/7 rotation.
Remuneration and other details:
Competitive depending on experience – £50,000-£60,000 (bonus for night shift is included in this quote).
Pension, health insurance, phone.
Day rates to be market driven to match this band. We need good quality experienced people quickly so would be happy to have agency staff. There will be the option to do temporary to permanent.